I have a bumper to bumper warranty with Warranty Direct that was not cheap and I never used or made a claim on until now! When I took it to a national GM dealership because I thought the starter was going and the transmition had been slipping,the dealership found that it was not my starter and just my battery, but the story really starts here, the dealership found through a road test and a computerized test that there was something definitely wrong with my transmission. Then my service rep called Warranty Direct they said yes they do cover transmissions but I have to approve 900 more in diagonistics so they can find out what is really wrong before they will approve the claim.
After this was done they found that there was clutch material in my transmission fluid and the dealership said this was due to leaky seals so Warranty Direct sent out an adjuster and when they did he came out and took pictures of everything and agreed with the dealership that there was something wrong and it needed to be replaced. But then when he sent his report back to Warranty Direct it somehow changed to "he found nothing wrong with the transmission"! When I asked Warranty Direct to send me a copy of his findings they responded "we can't send that to you" I asked "why not" the lady on the phone responded "uh, uh, we just dont"! They just kept giving me the run around everyone that you speak to has a different reason why they would not cover the repair. One supervisor even told my service rep "there is abnormal clutch material but its still not enough reason for us to cover this claim"!
Warranty Direct said that I could send out another adjuster for just an additional 90 as if they would not alter his findings as they did the last adjuster. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH WARRANTY DIRECT! You will never get any staight answers out of them, they will never put anyone on the phone with any authority and ability to make any decisions!! They want you to wait until your car stops working and you are stuck on the road and put yourself in danger before they will consider honoring the warranty.
I now owe the dealership over 900 and I still dont have a working transmission, or a working vehicle for that matter! So now I am out 2,400 for a extended warranty policy that is useless and am still going to have to spend an additional 3,000 to get the transmission fixed so I can get my vehicle back!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Auto Warranty
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "My new 2014 kia soul has glue leaking from the hatch and down onto my bumper, and now it stained my bumper. I went to the dealership and they..."
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "Here are my emails communications to Luminox Customer Care. Message to Luminox Customer Care: My mother gave me a luminox watch for my birthday. It is a series 8800. ..."
- "Sales experience was smooth, placed in car I wanted. Aftercare with warranty and customer relations a nightmare. Car trouble a month after getting it. Covered under warranty but have been..."
- "The top rack bracket on our KitchenAid dishwasher fragmented nine months after purchase, spewing plastic into the inner workings of the machine and seizing up / damaging the unit. ..."
- "I'm another longtime Pinwheel fan who is disappointed by the changes made to the recipe. The chocolate is so icky! The rich chocolate of the original is far superior to..."
- "They put an item on line to sell but will not ship to my home or to local store (Even Walmart does that!), but tried to talk with local store..."
- "We are currently building a house in Fletcher, NC and you would think I was on their payroll as much inspecting and pointing out corrections of issues in our house...."