WARRANTY DIRECT SCAM
I have a bumper to bumper warranty with Warranty Direct that was not cheap and I never used or made a claim on until now! When I took it to a national GM dealership because I thought the starter was going and the transmition had been slipping,the dealership found that it was not my starter and just my battery, but the story really starts here, the dealership found through a road test and a computerized test that there was something definitely wrong with my transmission. Then my service rep called Warranty Direct they said yes they do cover transmissions but I have to approve 900 more in diagonistics so they can find out what is really wrong before they will approve the claim.
After this was done they found that there was clutch material in my transmission fluid and the dealership said this was due to leaky seals so Warranty Direct sent out an adjuster and when they did he came out and took pictures of everything and agreed with the dealership that there was something wrong and it needed to be replaced. But then when he sent his report back to Warranty Direct it somehow changed to "he found nothing wrong with the transmission"! When I asked Warranty Direct to send me a copy of his findings they responded "we can't send that to you" I asked "why not" the lady on the phone responded "uh, uh, we just dont"! They just kept giving me the run around everyone that you speak to has a different reason why they would not cover the repair. One supervisor even told my service rep "there is abnormal clutch material but its still not enough reason for us to cover this claim"!
Warranty Direct said that I could send out another adjuster for just an additional 90 as if they would not alter his findings as they did the last adjuster. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH WARRANTY DIRECT! You will never get any staight answers out of them, they will never put anyone on the phone with any authority and ability to make any decisions!! They want you to wait until your car stops working and you are stuck on the road and put yourself in danger before they will consider honoring the warranty.
I now owe the dealership over 900 and I still dont have a working transmission, or a working vehicle for that matter! So now I am out 2,400 for a extended warranty policy that is useless and am still going to have to spend an additional 3,000 to get the transmission fixed so I can get my vehicle back!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "Caldwell Idaho, sage students keep cutting the corner at my property and keep running over the ditch cover. Called and complained to them many time and they keep telling me..."
- "Here are my emails communications to Luminox Customer Care. Message to Luminox Customer Care: My mother gave me a luminox watch for my birthday. It is a series 8800. ..."
- "They advertise convertible tops that are junk and don't respond to warranty claims or refunds. Their phone number listed with eBay goes to a Dominos Pizza. They scammed me..."
- "We ordered 3 t-shirts from Scalable Press (they are owned by ooShirts). We were told that the t-shirts would be shipped and delivered within 72 hours. After 72 hours nothing..."
- "London & London are the slime of the attorney community. They are a small family owned business specializing, in their own words "By engaging in skip tracing and asset locating,..."
- "If u r planning on building a home. Stay away from any of the American home place builders. They lie. The work is a night mare. I am ready ro..."