This is post is for anyone who currently and in the past who's had issues with Direct Buy Warranty.Like all the consumers posting negative experiences with DBW, I had a personal experience as well.

I purchased a warranty in June of 2014. The nightmare began when I filed for first claim. Claims department had the Service Advisor at station on hold for over 30 minutes. I took my car in at 11A.M and was there until close waiting for DBW to authorize work to be performed for FAN that went out on my car.

It wasn't until I filed a complaint with the AG of New Jersey that progress was made. They finally authorized the work and didn't pay until 3 weeks later. Excuse was made that payment wasn't made because they didn't have fax number to the Service station. They accepted paperwork authorizing the work and fax number for Service department was listed.

After the claim fiasco, I emailed to cancel my policy in October 2015. I was provided with an Odometer Disclosure form of which I had notarized. I sent form certified and the saga continued after the follow up call. They relocated operations to Ohio and didn't notify consumers.

Initially, it was stated we haven't received the form so you might have another one notarized again. I felt this was a tactic to delay refund. So, they conveniently located the form and sent an electronic form for refund stating amount to receive. I was afraid to sign and submit because I thought it would release them from liability.

I finally signed form at end of November. Called back first of December to verify status and was told refunds are processed on the 15th and 30th of the month. Didn't receive refund on the 15th or the 30th of December. Made several calls but was never provided status.

I filed a complaint with the BBB of Ohio, BBB of New York-Brooklyn, AG of New York, and the AG of New Jersey. I'm slated to receive refund by the 20th of January. My advice to all who have cancelled policies and requested refunds, don't relent, file complaints, and be tenacious. They'll give you the runaround, but don't relent!

Don't call customer service because if you make too many calls, you'll never get through.

Customer service representatives responses are scripted.They only respond if you file complaints.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Warranty Direct. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Warranty Direct.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Warranty Direct to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Warranty Direct?

Comments

If you are reading this, just contact your bank with a complaint if you are a US resident.Explain the scenario and watch them jump in to your rescue.

The banks don't waste a moment in getting your money back to your pocket where it belongs.Bank of America promptly got my money from those predators.