1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

We have a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox with 135,000 miles on it. We bought it with 82,000 miles on it.

Warranty Direct knew the mileage when we purchased the vehicle. One day it quit running, so we had it towed to a certified mechanic. The problem was the high pressure fuel pump and timing chain. The pump failed and the timing chain was stretched.

They agreed to cover the pump, not the chain. I argued with a CSR, Supervisor and a Manager that the metal failed, that's why the chain stretched. They stated that it was excessive wear. Even the certified GM mechanics said it was a failure of the metal.

In asking the CSR, Supervisor and Manager what their credentials were to say that it was not a mechanical failure, there was silence. I am paying for it out of pocket and hope to get this resolved as the certified GM mechanics stated that this should be covered.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lied about coverage, Policy has double stanards, I still had to pay hundreds more to get the car fixed, Did not cover new part when needed, Csr reps.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 03.

Comments