Resolved
1.9

Update by user Jul 31, 2016

So after several hours of negotiation with the help of a consumer advocacy group, Warranty Direct agreed to pay the difference in the claim. Thank you Warranty Direct!

Original review posted by user May 20, 2016

DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM WARRANTY DIRECT OR THEIR PARENT INTERSTATE NATIONAL DEALER SERVICES. they are horrible and do not pay what is required to actually have your car repaired.

I took my Volvo XC70 to a very reputable import auto repair shop. They quickly identified the problem and sent the estimate to Warranty Direct (INDS). At first they had the contract completed wrong, saying I had a v70 not a XC70 and that my contract didn't cover AWD. Interesting since the part was not a drivetrain part.

Anyway, they finally straightened out the contract and then said that the repair shop would need to use a NAPA remanufactured mass air flow meter. They are VERY sensitive to the extent that they cannot be cleaned and the remanufacturing process cannot provide the same performance as a new meter. Anyone that has worked on newer Volvos will tell you that the last part that you want remanufactured is the mass air flow meter. The repair shop said they did NOT recommend using a remanufactured part, that a new Volvo or OEM equivalent must be used for a mass air flow meter.

They said they would do the repair however would not warranty the part or pay for another replacement if it failed. Well guess what...after they installed it, it threw 6 new codes! Misfires on every cylinder and low air flow trouble code. It is not even driveable now.

So both the repair shop and me contacted Warranty Direct/ INDS and the reply from INDS was that they aren't interested if the car is repaired, they are just going to pay what they have decided to pay, EVEN THOUGH THE CONTRACT SAID, "REPLACEMENT PARTS MAY BE NEW!" I quoted the terms of the warranty contract that stated "We will pay You for the the reasonable costs to REPAIR OR REPLACE any of the parts included in Your Coverage which cause a failure" and I noted to them that the car HAS NOT BEEN REPAIRED. Again, the supervisor said we are only paying for the remanufactured part. If the car isn't repaired, its not our fault and that I should work it out with the repair shop, and if there was any additional cost to getting the car running, IT WOULD BE MY RESPONSIBILITY ???? They also REFUSED TO CALL AND DISCUSS THE PROBLEM WITH THE PART WITH THE REPAIR SHOP.

This is the FIRST repair on this car since I purchased the warranty almost 2 years ago!! I can't believe the amount of money this company has made on me and won't even ensure that my car is running!! WHY DID I BUY THIS WARRANTY!!!???

BTW, their other warranty brands are STAR RV, STAR AUTO, STAR SPORT, STAR MARINE, and HI-ROAD CLASSIC. LOOK FOR ANOTHER WARRANTY PROVIDER AND DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I MADE!

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $350. The author is overall dissatisfied with Warranty Direct. The most disappointing about warranty direct car warranty from Warranty Direct was did not see that auto was repaired as promised, lied about coverage and did not cover new part when needed Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Warranty Direct.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Warranty Direct to other companies on our site.

Comments

How old and how many miles does your Volvo have?