1.1K views

Warranty Direct should no longer be in Business.I worked for the company which is located in the Omni building on the seventh floor,Uniondale N.Y.A large majority of the company sales are generated through mailers,postcards, which go out to customers which make them think they are being contacted by their car dealership,with an offering of extending their car warranty before the original one expires,Warranty Direct tries to trick people into believing the dealership is making the offering by adding that the offer is only for a limited time in order to force customers to pay up,sometimes without even consulting with a spouse.Even when customers question Warranty Direct who they are and how they got their phone number,customers service is trained to lie and say that Warranty Direct is the supplier of the service contracts to the dealers.Warranty Direct is operated in one large room,a telemarketing room,with the purpose of booking contracts as often as possible so that the company gets paid.Warranty direct is a scam 80% of all claims are never paid so that the company's bottom line is not affected and so they can show company growth year after year.This company feeds it's employee's lies and half truths and directs employee's to feed lies to the clients.Most claims on repairs are denied.Employees read a scripted dialog to clients and are coached with come back lines to entice clients who are unsure or decline the offer.In addition,Warranty Direct, whose parent company name is Interstate National Dealer Services also steals from it's employee's,especially those working in it's call center,over-time is encouraged,but is never paid or reflected in their checks.401k plans never paid and are absorbed by the company.This company needs to be investigated by the attorney generals office and shut down permanently.This company is owned by one family.Warranty direct has gone under the radar for too long and it's a slap in the face to justice everywhere,but do trust they will eventually get what is coming to them.What goes around always comes around.Former employee (who couldn't get out soon enough).

Comments

Warranty Direct officially closed 4/16/18 and all employees laid off and I was one of them.

I too was a customer of warranty direct paid up front 3 months later my engine went brought it to dealership they told me to and the Infiniti dealership diagnosed it as a spun bearing was on the phone with warrant direct on and off for a week the dealership told them it was not caused by previous damage and I had purchased wear and tear coverage anyways long story short after I told them I was a disabled veteran with 4 kids and can't afford 4500 to purchase a new motor and have it put in but they denied me anyways I'm 100% down to get in on a class action lawsuit especially if we already have former employees stating they were told to deny 80% of the claims no matter what

I was also a client of this piece of *** warranty direct.

They claimed that they were number one by better business bureau and its all

A scam. I had my car stuck in the dealership for six months and in those six months they denied two claims that the dealer posted to them.

They said that my my tensioners were not covered in the contract when in fact it was listed under items on the engine.

This company needs to go down now. I payed for six months and now they said it will take 5-6 weeks for me to get money back and it's not even all of it!!

i have paid 1000 dollars in payments so far i just cancelled today my contract would have been 1800 dollars in full i pay every month.I called them with a claim which is covered in my contract.they told the mechanic it is not covered the mechanis look at my contract and said they should cover it.So i traded my car in for a newer veh. which has a factory warrenty.I would like to know if i will get any of my 1000 dollars back doubt it

Warranty Direct is a scam. My valid claim was denied.

Buyer's beware of this company.

Just canceled my policy today. Never ever do bussiness with this people, their customer service lied to us.

Warranty Direct is ***. I have a current claim that is declined.

My car cylinder head was damaged and they say it was due to wrong fitting of spark plug which was fitted a year back before I bought the car. They clearly state on the web that they accept wear and tear. If its a wrong fitting how did it run for one year. Please never ever go this company as thy have many tricks to avoid.

I am fighting now to get my money . Please advise on how to take a legal action on them.

So far W.D based in the UK has paid out almost £4000 in the past 2 years on various repairs on my SAAB ( 5 years old) & RX400( 4 year old).

Never had problems with the claims.One point they should try to sort out is provision of a loan car when the replacement part is not in stock.The Lexus warranty has a loan car provision if the part takes more than 24hours to arrive.

So I am happyS 8)

I used to work there but was fired for being incompetent.

Yup. This company is really bad. Steer clear!!

#212023

I vae listed below a copy of my complaint letter to Warrenty Direct. I took out two policies with them in september. In november on of the range rovers (3years old) had a mechanical failure(the transmission box) costing £1700.00 went. they refused the claim because they said it was wear and tear and the policy was only 8o days old so it was not covered. To rub salt into the wound they delayed the repair because the engineer wanted the box stripped ai my cost (£190.00) only to use that to turn the claim down. The garage Beadles at Sidcup didnt give us a replacement car as they said they didnt have any, and I have had to foot the entire bill. The garage say this kind of failure never happens in a car of that age and low milage,full service history.

Just my luck.

so if anyone reads this dont go near Warrantydirect

Mike

RG1 7QE

16/11/2010

Dear Sir / Madam

Ref:WD100910/630573 &

I am writing to make an official complaint regarding your company’s refusal to pay for my claim. You have stated that it was “wear and tear” and therefore as the policy was under 90 days old it is not covered. I would advise that the “Transfer Box” which failed is a major part and it is a part that does not “wear out.” It especially does not “wear out” in the first three /four years of the life of the car. I asked the garage and was advised that this part never fails and they were very surprised it had gone. This is obliviously a major failure of a major component, I do not know why it failed. Your “engineer” has just assumed that because there were “worn bearings”, it must therefore be wear and tear. I am not an engineer but I do know that if this transfer box fails, for what ever reason, then the bearings will get worn. It doesn’t mean it is “wear and tear”. If the box had failed after 10/15 years of use I could more understand wear and tear. My understanding of wear and tear is that a component has served it useful life and has worn out. I don’t think a transfer box on Range Rover Vogue SE that is around 3 years old is expected to be worn out at this stage. I have asked the garage to write to me to confirm their assessment; I have enclosed a copy for your attention. I feel that your company are just using the apparent wear in the Transfer box as a means of avoiding paying a perfectly legitimate claim.

I am extremely disappointed; I have cancelled the policy, as I see no point in continuing to make payments on a policy that will never pay out. I could have maintained the policy and made the final payment, while this complaint is been dealt with, however I have no confidence that your company will change its mind and pay this claim. I therefore feel I might as well put this money saved towards the cost of the repair. If you do agree, then I am more than happy to repay the money refunded and the final instalment. If I had done it the other way and maintained the policy, you will just drag out the procedure and then eventually decline my complaint, then my refund would be even less, so I would loose out again. As it is at the moment I am still out of pocket, you even made me pay more so that the garage could strip the part, to give your engineer an excuse to decline the claim.

Your attitude in dealing with claims is a far cry from when you are trying to sell your worthless warranties.

#208986

Purchased Warranty, after 6 months issue came up with TCC Selenoid; they refused to have it done though my policy covered it explicitly. Warranty covered $2200 in transmission-refused to pay quoted $1100.They do not honor your known mechanic but insist on dealing with nation-wide chain with whom they have prior agreements to use "used inferior parts" and have customer pay difference.

[Mechanic himself told me they do this often] Just cancelled my policy, will take loss. Do yourself a favor; do not trust them. They will use whatever means they can to ***. [Once they have you under contract, they do not even let you talk to service department but to the ladies in Customer Service who know nothing and refuse to answer anything regarding the contract details.

To blatantly lie & deceive people in this day and time . .

. I hope they burn!

Scam - Beware. I am out approximately $1,500 and have been lied to by their customer service representatives for over a month.

Warranty Direct is not the administrator on their policies. the Company that pays the claims is INDS.why buy and extended wty from warranty direct.

for twice the amount of money than Greenlight auto, or access. and also aa auto protection. These are all companies that offer INDS warranties. the exact same policy maybe a diff.

name. but same company backing it and trust me you can save a lot of money.

I am a warranty direct customer and my valid claim was denied today. I am planning to take up a law suit on them.

I can join with others on this. Please mail to srinicto@hotmail.com

No surprise. As someone who worked in the Warranty Direct inside sales department for over a year, I can attest to the fact that they constantly lie to, cheat, and abuse their employees. If they treat employees this way, people they see every day, do you really think they will treat customers who they almost never see any better?

After being hung up on twice today becuase I am asking too many questions. I am looking to start a lawsuit. please let me know if you are interested in joining me.

Do not purchace from this company. I purchases a 60 month 75K contract on 8 Jan 2020, and cancelled on 05 April 2010.

I expect a refund, but there was none. I paid into the account $351.33 for 3 months of coverage. Figuring the price over the life of the contact, each month was about $35.73. So for 3 months that is $107.19.

There should have been a refund of about $250.00. They said that I had used 39% of the 75K mileage, when I only put about 500 miles a month during the contract coverage time. They appear to be using zero mile on the vehicle as the starting point, not the mileage at the time the contract was entered to. I am going to contact the State AG and the Federal AG for interstate fraud claim.

Buyer beware:DO NOT PURCHASE A CONTRACT FROM THESE PEOPLE.

THE ARE LIERS, AND QUILTY OF FRAUD. :( :( :(

Buyer beware:DO NOT PURCHASE A CONTRACT FROM THESE PEOPLE. THE ARE LIERS, AND QUILTY OF FRAUD.

these people are total SCUMBAGS! if you want to waste your money just flush $2000.00 down the toilet!

they are a complete ripp-off they refused all my claims submitted by the dealer.

these were chevy techs who told warranty direct that these were not preexisting problems with my a/c but they still refused the claims , now im filing a suit against their insurer. long story short DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ITS A RIPP-OFF!!

They are denying my claim after I supplied them with receipts of my transmission svc. @ 30k, 60k along with all oil changes.

My ford f150 only has 84k miles now, and I have paid my premiums for the last four months. Do not waste your time, they are not creduable !!