1.9
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

BUYER BEWARE: I researched many different warranty companies and finally decided to go with Warranty Direct for two particular reasons: (1) they warranty the vehicle for repairs up to $12,000 rather than simply the value of the vehicle.In other words, if the vehicle is only worth $2000 they will still pay up to $12,000 in repairs;(2) they were considered by their competitors as a recognizable company.

I decided to sign up and I understood that there was a 30 day/1000 mile waiting period, which seemed reasonable to me. At the end of that waiting period I took my car in to the Nissan dealership for a diagnostic. The dealership discovered that I had a transmission problem that needed to be addressed immediately. They recommended replacement to the tune of nearly $4100.

They contacted warranty direct to authorize repair and to my surprise Warranty Direct rejected/denied the claim. When I called them to find out why they did so they first told me that I had fallen behind on my payments. When I disputed this they finally figured out my account was up to date. Next they told me that my claim could not be paid because I had a pre-existing condition.

I explained to them that I completed the waiting period and then I took my car in for a diagnostic. I refuted and explained that Warranty Direct should pay for the claim because I did my part as a paying client; furthermore there is no proof that my car had a pre-existing condition. They told me the claim decision was irreversible and then the customer service agent hung up on me mid-sentence as I was trying to explain to her how unfair this was. I now have a lawyer who has sent a formal letter directly to the company.

It is frustrating to me that I not only have to pay for a warranty but now I have to also pay for a lawyer, and apparently for my transmission as well. This is a direct breach of the warranty contract I signed.

I highly recommend that anyone considering going with Warranty Direct run the other direction.You'll likely be scammed like me!

Review about: Warranty Direct Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Cheaper than buying warranty from dealer.

I didn't like: Lied about coverage, Did not cover new part when needed, Misrepresentation about coverage, I still had to pay hundreds more to get the car fixed, Dishonest business practices.

Had an Experience with Warranty Direct?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1266864

Wait and see what the attorney can do for you, but I seriously question whether you knew the vehicle had a problem and signed up for the warranty coverage, waited the required length of time and then decided to have the perceived problem taken care of on their dime. Just to much of a coincidence, mate. Good luck.

Ron-VictimWarrantyDirect
to h.kitchener #1266872

If I sign a contract with you and take your money, and the contract indicates you will receive a benefit after 30 days, then the 30 days lapses and I renege on my part of the deal, aren't you liable?You have a contractual responsibility to provide that benefit.

At that point you need to refund the money or fulfill your contractual obligation, or else what's the point of the contract? This is not an issue of coincidence.

It is an issue of legal contractual obligation and fiduciary responsibility.Everything else is an excuse to avoid that.

to Ron-VictimWarrantyDirect Edison, New Jersey, United States #1322591

I love how convenient it is for people to only remember the fiduciary responsibility part of the contract and not remember the preexisiting exclusion part.

I'm glad you got a lawyer. I hope this gets settled according to the terms of the contract.

Opportunistic fraudsters make insurance more expensive for everyone.