If you get advertising from Warranty Direct touting how theyve been in business for 35 years...take note...I bought a warranty direct warranty for about $1,700 several years ago, had it for less than a year and they filed for bankruptcy...kept on doing business because of the crappy justice system, I lost my warranty.Unfair as ***!

Beware lest they sell you a warranty and decide to go bankrupt again, just to continue doing business and your left holding a worthless piece of paper!!Then the lawyers sucked up any money that might have been left for compensation of their sh*tty business practices!

Review about: Warranty Direct Warranty.

Had an Experience with Warranty Direct?

Comments

Buffalo, New York, United States #756736

NOTICE OF SUBPOENA TO REVEAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANONYMOUS POSTER WHO PUBLISHED REVIEW #267887, ENTITLED “WARRANTY DIRECT ADVERTISES 35 YEARS; BANKRUPTCY INCLUDED” ON PISSEDCONSUMER.COM ON OCTOBER 13, 2011

Please take notice that Warrant Direct, Inc. (“Warranty Direct” ) has issued a Subpoena out of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in an action pending in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut titled Warranty Direct, Inc. v. Individual Whose True Name is Unknown, Using the Pseudonym Anonymous, Case Number 3:13-CV-00510-SRU which seeks to require Opinion Corp. d/b/a Pissed Consumer.com to provide your name(s), telephone number(s), physical address(es), e-mail address(es), and Internet Protocol (IP) address(es) in the possession, custody or control of Opinion Corp. that would assist in discovering your identity.

You have the opportunity to notify Opinion Corp. d/b/a Pissed Consumer.com of your opposition to this Subpoena to reveal your identifying information. In order to do so, you must submit written objections to the attorneys of record for the parties identified below at the addresses appearing below within 20 days from the date of this notice. The date of this notice is reflected by the “date stamp” which appears immediately above. You have the right to serve your objections to the Subpoena anonymously.

Copies of whatever objections you may provide, whether anonymously...

Christopher Bopst, Esq.

Goldberg Segalla, LLP

665 Main Street, Suite 400

Buffalo, NY 14203

Attorneys for Warranty Direct, Inc.

and

Ronald D. Coleman, Esq.

Joel G. MacMull, Esq.

Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP

One Penn Plaza

New York, NY 10119

Attorneys for Opinion Corp. d/b/a PissedConsumer.com

I'm not sure what the uproar is about, but I have a great relationship with Warranty Direct.The good thing about them is that I can get ahold of my agent whenever I have questions or concerns.

Its not like blind dialing into the Matrix. I have 3 years and 60,000 miles left, but I will continue on with them until I see otherwise.

As a matter of fact my agent remembered me so much he had the nice gesture of sending me a Christmas card!Can't find customer service like this anymore!

I have had Warranty Direct for a few years on my vehicles.Granted some of my claims were denied, but usually due to things that if I had read my agreement I would have known were not covered.

I don't believe they have went bankrupt in recent years as I have had them for many on various cars.

I do believe that this warranty as with anything you sign can be cleared up by simply READING and having a true understanding of what you are getting yourself into.Everyone's experience will be different, but mines has been great!

I am telling everybody I know.My warranty was from stoprepairbills who brag about being the best.

They did not cober my one and only claim.

I dropped them and went to American Warranty Club and they covered my issue with no questions.I think they are goodd people.

My mistake. I cannot vouch for Warranty Direct's claims about no bankruptcies, but I can say that my personal experience mentioned in my 11/9/2011 post was NOT with Warranty Direct, but rather Warranty Gold. The whole world of extended car warranties is somewhat shady, but fairness dictated this added post.

I, too purchased an extended warranty from Warranty Direct in 2003.They went bankrupt a few weeks later in June 2003, cancelling all policies with NO refunds.

I lost all my money, as many hundreds of others did.

Years later I received less than 10% of my money back through the bankruptcy court.How they can lie about this and not get questioned, I'll never understand.

Hurley, New York, United States #364547

Warranty Direct has been in business for a long time and has never been bankrupt or filed for bankruptcy. A+ Rated by the BBB.