I have a bumper to bumper warranty with Warranty Direct that was not cheap and I never used or made a claim on until now! When I took it to a national GM dealership because I thought the starter was going and the transmition had been slipping,the dealership found that it was not my starter and just my battery, but the story really starts here, the dealership found through a road test and a computerized test that there was something definitely wrong with my transmission. Then my service rep called Warranty Direct they said yes they do cover transmissions but I have to approve 900 more in diagonistics so they can find out what is really wrong before they will approve the claim.
After this was done they found that there was clutch material in my transmission fluid and the dealership said this was due to leaky seals so Warranty Direct sent out an adjuster and when they did he came out and took pictures of everything and agreed with the dealership that there was something wrong and it needed to be replaced. But then when he sent his report back to Warranty Direct it somehow changed to "he found nothing wrong with the transmission"! When I asked Warranty Direct to send me a copy of his findings they responded "we can't send that to you" I asked "why not" the lady on the phone responded "uh, uh, we just dont"! They just kept giving me the run around everyone that you speak to has a different reason why they would not cover the repair. One supervisor even told my service rep "there is abnormal clutch material but its still not enough reason for us to cover this claim"!
Warranty Direct said that I could send out another adjuster for just an additional 90 as if they would not alter his findings as they did the last adjuster. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH WARRANTY DIRECT! You will never get any staight answers out of them, they will never put anyone on the phone with any authority and ability to make any decisions!! They want you to wait until your car stops working and you are stuck on the road and put yourself in danger before they will consider honoring the warranty.
I now owe the dealership over 900 and I still dont have a working transmission, or a working vehicle for that matter! So now I am out 2,400 for a extended warranty policy that is useless and am still going to have to spend an additional 3,000 to get the transmission fixed so I can get my vehicle back!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Auto Warranty
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Aamco Transmission Complaint 2-20-16 I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the..."
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "Caldwell Idaho, sage students keep cutting the corner at my property and keep running over the ditch cover. Called and complained to them many time and they keep telling me..."
- "Here are my emails communications to Luminox Customer Care. Message to Luminox Customer Care: My mother gave me a luminox watch for my birthday. It is a series 8800. ..."
- "I ordered fender flares for my truck becuase price was pretty good. SCAM. got the parts and the rears fit perfectly. the fronts were short and the holes did not..."
- "This was our first trip to Cancun and we had the best time!! The hotel was beautiful and it's location was perfect. We had an ocean front room and all..."
- "Just purchased a 25 ft Prowler Prls 2017 on Thursday Sept. 22. (We regretfully traded our second hand 2007, 23 ft Jayco Jayflight). Before our purchase we looked at several..."
- "This place was so fun! With being pampered at the front door with champagne, to rose pedals and champagne in the room, amazing food, great room service, breath taking views,..."